The Memorial and Library Association of Westerly seeks an innovative, engaged, energetic, and customer-oriented professional for a new, full-time Assistant Director position at a busy, progressive library. The Memorial and Library Association, established in 1892, oversees Westerly Library and Wilcox Park and directly serves the communities of Westerly, RI and Stonington, CT. The Association is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen the community and enrich lives by stimulating intellect and sparking imagination through access to literature, information, nature, and the arts.
This is a professional, supervisory position under the supervision of the Executive Director. The Assistant Director assists the Executive Director in the planning, evaluation, and administration of the library system, staff, facilities, park, services, and resources and assumes the responsibilities of the Director in her absence. The Assistant Director assists in the overall management of the organization, and is responsible for ensuring the efficient management, operation and strategic alignment of the following departments: Circulation, Reference, Children's, Young Adult, and Technology. Attends Board meetings and works closely with the Board and Committees on projects, and works in implementing the policies and directives of the Board of Trustees. Performs advanced and diversified administrative duties. Many assignments are of a highly confidential nature and require discretion, strong interpersonal communication skills, and knowledge of Association policies and practices.
Evening and weekend hours will be required.
• MLS or MLIS from an accredited institution required.
• Knowledge of library and information science principles and practices, including policies, procedures, services, materials selection and acquisition and classification, office and library equipment, and public relations.
• Three years of professional level managerial experience or comparable experience.
• Familiarity with financial management principles.
• Public service experience and community involvement.
• Developed understanding of emerging technologies as they relate to public libraries.
• Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
• Active member in one or more library associations.
For a full job description, visit https://www.westerlylibrary.org/employment
Please send letter of interest, resume, and completed application to email@example.com no later than January 8th, 2018.
Qualified applicants will be contacted through email. EEOC.
Background check required.
For job listings in RI and NE. Send new posts to firstname.lastname@example.org. Posts will appear for 3 months unless you request it be deleted.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests