The Fellowship will be open to LIS graduates from an accredited Library School in the United States or Canada who will have received his or her diploma between September 1, 2017 and September 1, 2018.
Applications will be due February 15, 2018. After initial screening, interviews for finalists will be held at a mutually convenient time and place, and the finalist will be invited to visit Darien Library for a meeting with the Fellowship Committee prior to appointment.
The successful applicant will be employed at Darien Library for two years, commencing approximately July 1, 2018, with a final employment date of June 30, 2020.
The Fellow will be paid initially at the Connecticut Library Association MLS minimum salary for entry-level positions (for 2017: $52,650) with full benefits, paid membership in CLA and ALA, and funding for attendance at the American Library Association Annual Meeting and other meetings as appropriate.
The Fellow will work as a member of the Children's Services team, providing reference and readers’ advisory services in addition to creating and conducting programs for children and families. The Fellow will be given specific, defined, high-stakes projects and responsibilities that will be determined by the candidate's skills and interests. The Fellowship will provide experience, growth, and challenges in the following areas:
• Children's materials collection development
• Program development, implementation, and evaluation
• Outreach to defined areas of the community
• Continuing education and professional development
• Access to the latest technology
This Fellowship is an opportunity to work on significant projects and gain experience in close coordination with a strong staff.
All applications should include the following:
• Cover Letter
• Two essays: In up to 100 words, tell us "One thing I know for sure." In up to 500 words, tell us "Why I will make a difference at Darien Library."
• A video of no more than two minutes, in which you tell us which is your favorite children’s book and convince us to read it. Video submitted via an online link. Video can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• 3 References, attesting to your love of children, passion for literacy, and penchant for technology. References may be sent separately.
• Official Graduate School Transcript
• Official Undergraduate School Transcript
• Application Checklist (Download)
Applications are due by 5 p.m. on February 15, 2018 and should be delivered to:
Harold W. McGraw, Jr. Fellowship
Attn: Cathy McLachlan
1441 Post Road
Darien, CT 06820
Late applications will not be considered.
Queries can be addressed to email@example.com.
Applications will be reviewed immediately, all respondents will be advised of our decision by March 15, and first round phone interviews will be held in March. Final interviews will be completed in April 2018. The Harold W. McGraw, Jr. Fellow will be selected and notified by May 1, 2018, with an anticipated start date of July 1, 2018.
For job listings in RI and NE. Send new posts to firstname.lastname@example.org. Posts will appear for 3 months unless you request it be deleted.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests