Johnson & Wales University seeks candidates to join its library research support and instruction services team. Ideal candidates will possess a master’s degree from an ALA-accredited LIS program, plus work experience in academic library research and instruction services, and will be willing to work some evenings, weekends and holidays. The position offers full-time employment from September-May, with summers off.
To apply, see job requisition #4335: https://jobs.jwu.edu/cw/en-us/job/49437 ... -librarian
Guides students, faculty and other library patrons in the discovery and use of information resources
Essential Job Functions:
• Guides and supports students and other library patrons regarding best practices for information discovery, retrieval and use
• Schedules, customizes and provides classroom instruction on information literacy both face to face and online
• Develops print and online guides and video tutorials on information literacy skills and optimal use of library resources and services
• Serves as collection development specialist and faculty liaison for assigned subject areas within the JWU curriculum and in preparation for new curriculum offerings
• Provides reference and publishing support for individual faculty scholarship and research projects
• Assists in planning and maintaining the organization of library resources
• Participates in, and presents at, professional conferences, and collaborates with other library professionals to coordinate local and regional reference services and information literacy instruction and assessment initiatives
• Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum of a master’s degree in library and information science or a related field of study
• Previous work experience in library reference services
• Teaching experience
• Ability to work some nights, weekends and holidays
Johnson & Wales University recognizes that, along with its students, the most important resources the university has are its "human resources" -- its faculty and staff. If you would like to share in our commitment to support the personal and professional success of the university's dynamic and diverse workforce, we invite you to apply on the JWU Employment Site, requisition #4216. Questions regarding this position may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Johnson & Wales University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.
For job listings in RI and NE. Send new posts to email@example.com. Posts will appear for 3 months unless you request it be deleted.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest