Town of Dudley
Pearle L. Crawford Memorial Library
Youth Services Librarian
The Town of Dudley is accepting applications for the position of Youth Services Librarian. Position is full-time, 40 hours per week and includes one evening and rotating Saturday hours. The Youth Services Librarian is responsible for all aspects of services to youth from birth through 17, and their caregivers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plans, organizes, and publicizes all youth programs including but not limited to story times, crafts, summer reading, special events, reading clubs, school and community outreach.
• Plans, organizes, and maintains the library’s children and young adult collections.
• Provides reader’s advisory service for youth and families. Assists youth in the use of library and its resources. Assists parents/caregivers in selection of appropriate youth material.
• Checks materials in and out of the library, renews materials, places books on hold, notifies patrons the arrival of held books and collects overdue fines.
• Participates in the formulation of policy and develops procedures related to youth services. Interprets policy and explains policy and procedure to the public.
• Manages youth services budget.
• Compiles, reviews, and interprets statistical data regarding use of youth services and prepares regular management reports for review by Director.
• Trains and supervises youth volunteers.
• Assists front desk circulation staff when necessary.
• Acts on behalf of Director in his/her absence.
• Other related duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, Skills:
Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in childhood education; Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited program a plus. One or more years of direct experience with children/youth including story times, programming, collection management, reference and reader’s advisory. Thorough knowledge of children’s literature required. Excellent customer service, organizational and communication skills required. Experience with Evergreen ILS preferable. Proficiency in current and emerging technologies and their applications a must.
Position is full-time, 40 hours per week (includes one evening and rotating Saturdays). Salary range is $42,704-$49,523 with full benefits.
Submit cover letter, resume, and names/contact information of three references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 28, 2018.
For job listings in RI and NE. Send new posts to email@example.com. Posts will appear for 3 months unless you request it be deleted.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest